Better GPU will benefit or not VR volume rendering

Hi!
I’ve tried now cropping using spacing 0.7 and it became 1811x2077x1520, and the result was not viewable, nothing happens.

I came across another odd thing for 6900xt windows in slicer, found it while I was having fun cropping. If you open data set A which can not be rendered, such like the one I used (1811x2077x1520). Then drag data set B which CAN be rendered into same slicer window ;D, volume render both data sets and you’ll see two Bs.

Another interesting thing, here the scale is even changed.

I tried A (not viewable) + B (viewable) + C (viewable) as well, resulted in even more unpredictable results. A + B + C (all viewable) acted normally.

1 Like

Thanks for this, on my side I didn’t have any more test to do.
Interesting what you discovered.

1 Like

Try with the latest Slicer Preview Release, too. It has many fixes compared to the latest Slicer Stable Release, some of them related to rendering of multiple volumes.

1 Like

@Hao_Li would you so kind to try on the preview release (can download on this link) doing the same test as before with spacing 0.7.
Also my I ask apart the GPU what other hardware you are working on (CPU, motherboard, RAM).

@lassoan
Hi! I already managed changing back to 3090 …

On 3090, I don’t have any problem with multi volume rendering on 4.11.20210226. Oddities I came across on 6900xt didn’t appear.

@davide445
The components of my computer are ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Samsung 980 PRO and CORSAIR Vengeance LPX - DDR4 - 4 x 32 GB.
The other computer is ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA, Intel Core i9 10900K, Samsung 980 PRO and CORSAIR Vengeance LPX - DDR4 - 4 x 32 GB.

I’m having 3090 on both now … and they both can render
0.7 spacing crop resulted 1811x2077x1520.