Cross Section Analysis Freezing

Thanks for the sample scene. No freezing was seen in Linux, and I don’t use Windows at all. It will be hard for me to go any further without tangible observations.

It doesn’t freeze with Slicer 5.6.2 neither on Linux. Please try with Slicer Preview.

Hi again @chir.set, I’m sharing a video with the execution (sorry for not send it before, I didn’t think on it…)

I actually running in version 5.6.2 so i guess you suggest the newer (but not stable yet) version?

I think the real reason to crash or not is the OS, not executing it with code or clicks and also not a problem with the way we give the inputs to CSA…

Do you propose any specific supervision on the input data to take care of this?

Thanks a lot.

Finally I found the solution:

Windows 11 with 3D Slicer 5.6.2 crashes when you try to execute CSA in zones where the centerline does not intersect the lumen surface.

BUT, in 5.7.0 version, the module does not crash and shows a similar behaviour as Linux/Mac in 5.6.2 version

I hope this could help someone and thanks to @chir.set for the amazing support during this months.

UPDATE:

The problem was not the version of Slicer or the OS version…

The problem is import Pyvista python module… This import crash the cross-section Analysis. We suppose that this come from Pyvista uses several VTK instances and some of them could enter into conflicts with the CSA Module…

To solve this issue I think we will need extra help @chir.set

A quick glance at its web page concludes that it is a competitor to Slicer’s approach to VTK via python. Expected conflicts have emerged in your project. This library is foreign to me and I can’t allocate resources in too many directions; I’m afraid not to be that helpful.