Import sqlite issue in Slicelet, Slicer 4.8.1

extensions

(Ehouarn) #1

Hi Slicer community,

I am pretty new in Slicer extensions development,
I try to create a complete graphic interface based on Slicelet concept to interface an existing software.
This software have a lot of dependencies, an among other, dependency to sqlite3, for patient database management.
when i try to import sqlite from the slicelet, i have an import error (that does not appear when launch the soft outside Slicer):
Slicer-4.8.1-linux-amd64/lib/Python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sqlite/init.py", line 1, in :
ImportError: No module named _sqlite

It seems that sqlite is embedded in Slicer, as i see the package: lib/Python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sqlite
I tried to install the libsqlite3-dev package, change PYTHONPATH in a lot of ways, with no success.

I did not find any publication on this issue in the web,
do i miss something in my configuration, installation or link between Slicer and my software?

Configuration:
Ubuntu 16.0
Slicer 4.8.1 from Slicer web site
Python 2.7
sqlite 3.11

Thanks in advance for your help,
Ehouarn

(Steve Pieper) #2

That’s odd, yes. I can import sqlite3 on mac but not on windows or linux. Perhaps it’s a packaging thing related to the leading underscore. You may want to have a look at the packaging scripts to see if you can fix it (or maybe manually copy things around) but also be aware that there’s going to be a transition to Python 3, within a few weeks I’m told, so things might change at that point.

(Ehouarn) #3

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick response,
The mac version own sqlite3.so file in lib/Python/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload, and not the linux one, the problem come from this point i think.

Sqlite is found after copy the lib, but i am running in trouble with the USC2 vs UCS4 encoding.
I noticed at least one thread on the forum on that subject, i will have a look in the way i can launch SlicerPython directly.

Ehouarn