New user segmentation help

Hey @bobkallal,
Regarding specs it comes up pretty often and I’m sure you can find some threads on Discourse. There is official recommended hardware list. Take a look at this thread about handling micro CT / high res data:

For instance, I want to grab all the layers with legs and move them from a thresholded layers to another layer.

I’m not sure if I understood you correctly, but you can copy the mask/layer contents to another layer with Logical operators effect. There you can add & perform other logical operations on layers.

If I have two layers (seg1 and seg2), and I circle an area with Editable Area: Everywhere and Modify Other Segments: Modify All, nothing happens.

What kind of operation are you trying to perform with scissors? (Erase, Fill)

If you have your segmentation on one layer (seg1) and want to copy part of seg1 to another layer (seg2), you can use either Scissors or Paint brush. Simple approach would be to: activate second layer seg2, choose Paint tool, select Editable area: Inside seg1. You can keep “Allow overlap” in Modify other segments option.

Similarly with Scissors: if you have segmentation on layer seg1 and want to copy a selected part of it: create new layer seg2 and activate it, select Scissors tool, use Fill inside operation, select Editable area: Inside seg1.

Here, if I highlight two regions of a leg in seg2 (where seg1 is ‘the rest’ of the material), and Apply, nothing happens.

Fill between slices works so that it will interpolate your segmentation between slices. Eg. if you have segmentation on seg1 slice #1 and seg1 slice #10, it should fill in the between (seg1).

You might find instructions details important too:

Instructions:

• Create complete segmentation on selected slices using any editor effect. Segmentation will only expanded if a slice is segmented but none of the direct neighbors are segmented, therefore do not use sphere brush with Paint effect and always leave at least one empty slice between segmented slices.
  • All visible segments will be interpolated, not just the selected segment.
  • The complete segmentation will be created by interpolating segmentations in empty slices.

Masking settings are ignored. If segments overlap, segment higher in the segments table will have priority. The effect uses morphological contour interpolation method.

2 Likes