No nightly extension build of extensions on macOS for for Slicer Stable Release

Dashboard doesn’t display any extensions for Mac? Is there something wrong?

https://slicer.cdash.org/index.php?project=SlicerStable

eg., I can’t update SlicerMorph on Mac

@jcfr or @Sam_Horvath can you help with this?

can you help with this?

I will follow up shortly with an update.

@muratmaga I’m curious about which model of Mac and which version of OS you are running.

It is macbook pro from 2019, running macos 12.6.1

To follow up on this, while Preview extensions are always being built on macOS. There are issues to finalize the build associated with the Preview extensions. See below.

Waiting we understand better, I will restart the machine.

Date Slicer Preview Slicer Stable
2022-12-16 :white_check_mark: 164 :hourglass: 76
2022-12-15 :white_check_mark: 164 :white_check_mark: 165
2022-12-14 :white_check_mark: 164 :question: 88
2022-12-13 :white_check_mark: 164 :question: 144
2022-12-12 :white_check_mark: 164 :white_check_mark: 164
2022-12-11 :white_check_mark: 164 :question: 156
1 Like

Looking at the log file associated with the Preview build:

$ ls -lh /Volumes/D/Logs/factory-south-macos-slicerextensions_preview_nightly.log
...   228K Dec 16 15:50 ....

we can see it was written at 3:50 pm.

Looking at the list of running process:

$ $ ps aux  | grep "\-O /Volumes/D/Logs/" 
....    3:50PM   0:25.53 /Volumes/D/Support/CMake-3.22.1.app/Contents/bin/ctest -S /Volumes/D/DashboardScripts/factory-south-macos-slicerextensions_stable_nightly.cmake -VV -O /Volumes/D/Logs/factory-south-macos-slicerextensions_stable_nightly.log

we can see it started at 3:50 pm.

To address this, I will disable the tests associated with the Stable build.

1 Like

@jcfr @Sam_Horvath
this is back, no mac extensions on the stable (at least now shown on dashboard).

I do not see mac extensions on the preview either. Just downloaded the latest preview.

Just to clarify: The Extensions Catalog looks good (extensions are available for macOS for Slicer 5.2.1). The problems are that extensions were not built last night:

A network issue shows up in the linux build in the Slicer Preview Release, so maybe that network outage caused all the issues. Or maybe something else got stuck and the factory computers need a restart. @Sam_Horvath or @jcfr please have a look.

1 Like

I will disable the tests associated with the Stable build.

This has just been done in Slicer/DashboardScripts@2280c47d6

1 Like

re: Connection timed out / metroplex / Slicer Preview Release

SSH’ing to metroplex and attempting to build the OpenSSL target confirm this was a temporary network failure.

ninja OpenSSL [6/15] Performing download step (download, verify and extract) for 'OpenSSL' -- verifying file... file='/work/Preview/Slicer-0-build/openssl-1.1.1g-pr12238.tar.gz' -- MD5 hash of /work/Preview/Slicer-0-build/openssl-1.1.1g-pr12238.tar.gz does not match expected value expected: '4765dcd60bcbed784c59ad7c2ca2b841' actual: 'd41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e' -- File already exists but hash mismatch. Removing... -- Downloading... dst='/work/Preview/Slicer-0-build/openssl-1.1.1g-pr12238.tar.gz' timeout='none' inactivity timeout='none' -- Using src='https://github.com/Slicer/Slicer-OpenSSL/releases/download/sources/openssl-1.1.1g-pr12238.tar.gz' -- [download 0% complete] -- ... -- [download 100% complete] -- verifying file... file='/work/Preview/Slicer-0-build/openssl-1.1.1g-pr12238.tar.gz' -- Downloading... done -- extracting... src='/work/Preview/Slicer-0-build/openssl-1.1.1g-pr12238.tar.gz' dst='/work/Preview/Slicer-0-build/OpenSSL' -- extracting... [tar xfz] -- extracting... [analysis] -- extracting... [rename] -- extracting... [clean up] -- extracting... done ... [15/15] Completed 'OpenSSL'

Since no incident are reported in GitHub Status history, I will check with Kitware monitoring.

1 Like

Follow up:

• metroplex dashboard :white_check_mark:
  • factory-south-macos :hourglass_flowing_sand:
    • testing of the preview package was “stuck” due to a zombie process, this has been resumed and build & test of extensions should follow up
    • Note that build of preview macos packages are being reinstated on computron factory that is now running macOS 13 (Ventura). See Slicer/DashboardScripts#52
2 Likes

Extension manager for a preview release is blank again today.

Based on your screenshot, it is associated with 2023.01.05 which seems to correspond to the preview release for which one you already reported an issue, see here.

I suggest you download a more recent preview build.

1 Like

I see. I mistakenly assumed that dashboard fix will recover extensions for the problematic past releases. Thank you for the clarification.

I think this should work on ubuntu:

QTWEBENGINE_DISABLE_SANDBOX=1 ./Slicer

The extensions manager is empty for me if I don’t set that variable

Hope it helps