Plastimatch and Python Interactor

Please do, and ask if something is not clear.

Hi @Spiros_Karkavitsas. The terminology “mean Hausdorff” was created many years ago, before “mean surface distance” became the standard. Sorry for the confusion.

Hey and thanks for the clarification :smiling_face:

Actually,I did searched it and mean surface distance and mean Hausdorff distance seems to be indentical. Am I correct or not ?

Στις Παρ, 24 Φεβ 2023, 21:37 ο χρήστης Greg Sharp via 3D Slicer Community <notifications@slicer.discoursemail.com> έγραψε:

1 Like

There are literally (no kidding) more than 30 definitions of “mean surface distance”. You need to look at the mathematical definition.

Let me see if I can find it, there was a recent article which did a good job summarizing the current state. The basic idea is that comparing your result to literature is a mess. But any of them can be used as a relative comparison.

Check out Vrtovec 2020 and Sherer 2021. You may take a look at my AAPM 2022 slides as well.

Hello again after a long time :slight_smile:

Finally I will use this tool to compare the fat segmentation between groundtruth volumes and predicted volumes.

When I say volume, I mean 25 axial MR Slices. The voxel size is 1.95 by 1.95 by 10 in mm.

I would like to ask if the segment comparison module, does the Similarity metric calculation voxel wise.

Thank you for your time reading this message and hope for an answer

Yes, it is voxelwise. If the images are different size, both are padded. If they are different voxel pitch, the compare image is resampled to the voxel pitch of the reference image.

1 Like

Good, thank you for the immediate answer :slight_smile: