Tomorrow, we will be having our next weekly hangout at 10:00 AM ET until 11 AM ET.
Anyone is welcome to join to ask questions at https://bit.ly/slicer-googlemeet-hosted-by-kitware
Agenda (10:00 - 10:30):
- Slicer 5 + VTK 9 checkin
- Discuss the creation of a standalone project to maintain Slicer Volume Rendering presets. More details below. (cc: @forrest.li @Sankhesh_Jhaveri)
Agenda (10:30 - 11:00):
- We will be brainstorming ideas for what a fully virtual January project week could look like.
Feel free to post to this thread to request/suggest a topic!
Sam and J-Christophe
Standalone project for organizing volume rendering presets
Goal: Streamline maintenance and distribution of the presets to facilitate (1) re-use and (2) integration of improvements.
Create a repository called
Slicer/SlicerVTKVolumeRenderingTransferFunctions distributed (for example) as:
- git submodule, cmake external project (e.g faciliate integraiton in any project)
- python package (e.g support re-use in Jupyter env.)
- npm package (e.g to streamline integration in vtk.js)
- VTK remote module (e.g to streamline interation in VTK or paraview based applications)
- Which distribution mechanism should we implement first ?
- Add versioning, changelog, contributing, license and documentation
- Add thumbnail for each preset
- Distribute as both XML and json files