2021.01.26 Hangout

Tomorrow, we will be having our next weekly hangout at 10:00 AM ET until 11 AM ET.

Anyone is welcome to join to ask questions at https://bit.ly/slicer-googlemeet-hosted-by-kitware

Agenda:

• Discuss Pluggable Markups Slicer#5349
  • Questions and comments related to cleanup of view initialization pipeline (see details in replies)
    • Should hotLinkedControl property of vtkMRMLSliceCompositeNode be serialized ?
    • Should we continue to support the camera module to synchronize view ?
    • After integrating the corresponding topic, loading scene will always copy camera and we will remove the data loading option, is there any concern ?
    • vtkCameraNode::GetActiveTag() will be deprecated in favor of a new function vtkCameraNode::SetLayoutName()
  • Discuss approach to support interactive Slice intersection:
    • The idea is two have functionality equivalent to what is implemented by vtkResliceCursorThickLineRepresentation/vtkResliceCursorLineRepresentation and vtkResliceCursorWidget
    • Options:
      • Update current intersection to optionally be interactive
      • Leverage the plane widget so that intersection in Slice view can be interactive
      • Add a displayable manager integrating the existing VTK widgets
  • Review short presentation of Slicer to the CSBC imaging working group
  • Slicer 5 and VTK9

Feel free to post to this thread to request/suggest a topic!

Thanks
Sam and J-Christophe

I’m giving a short presentation of Slicer to the CSBC imaging working group this afternoon. Here are the slides in case we have time to discuss during the hangout.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1grPMGPHnPRr1NSi2Mij4Uu2Fk_72wNJZOIaM4b6WZZw/edit?usp=sharing

Question related to cleanup of view initialization pipeline

I’ve noticed that this isn’t persisted but didn’t look into fixing it. It would be really great to add this to the xml.

2 Likes

After rebasing the topic and consolidating it with lost changes from a previous version of the topic cleanup-view-widget-creation1, I did some testing and it looks promising :+1:

While testing the Camera module, I noticed that assigning the same camera to two views is not working:

• Is it something we should fix ?
  • Or should we instead (a) suggest developer to explicit sync camera node writing code and (2) remove the camera module?