3D Slicer Mauritania

Hello everyone, and thank you for welcoming us today.
In 40 project week.
We are the Mauritania Team, beginners in the 3D Slicer community, with a strong desire to contribute to medical image fields.

Our project focuses on developing adaptive algorithms such as K-Mean and C-Mean, and enhancing Otsu’s method for improved medical image analysis. By ‘adaptive,’ we aim to give users the capability to apply segmentation based on criteria like pixel intensity thresholds, allowing the algorithm to focus on specific regions of interest. Our ambition is to create a 3D Slicer extension that includes these advanced techniques, offering more precise and efficient segmentation tools.

In addition, our research integrates a doctoral thesis project that explores deep learning algorithms for segmentation in 3D Slicer, using local Mauritanian data. This aspect of our work emphasizes the significance of localized data in advancing medical imaging techniques.

Furthermore, we’re committed to enhancing the Arabic translations within the 3D Slicer software, promoting better accessibility and language inclusivity.

Today, we seek your support and collaboration to make this project successful. We’re open to your guidance and eagerly look forward to potential partnerships. Thank you for your time, and we are ready to answer any questions you might have.

Give me your opinions on how we can start .

These are all great topics - welcome!

Please look for me at Project Week and we can discuss and bring together others to help as well.

Thank you
But I participate online

Okay, no problem, we’ll coordinate with the Mauritanian representatives in Las Palmas and be happy to collaborate.

1 Like