Build fails on Linux in python-ensurepip

Build fails on Linux in python-ensurepip

I having this error since 9be0308d2 while building in Arch Linux :

CMake Error at /home/arc/src/Slicer-SuperBuild/python-ensurepip-prefix/src/python-ensurepip-stamp/python-ensurepip-install-Release.cmake:49 (message):
Command failed: 1

‘/home/arc/src/Slicer-SuperBuild/python-install/bin/PythonSlicer’ ‘-m’ ‘ensurepip’ ‘–default-pip’

python-ensurepip-stamp/python-ensurepip-install-*.log do not provide any clue.

SLicer is configured as such :

export CFLAGS=“-I/usr/include/tirpc”; export CXXFLAGS=“-I/usr/include/tirpc”; cmake -DSlicer_VTK_VERSION_MAJOR:INT=8 -DQt5_DIR:PATH=/usr/lib/cmake/Qt5 -DBUILD_TESTING:BOOL=OFF -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Release -DADDITIONAL_CXX_FLAGS:STRING=-I/usr/include/tirpc …/Slicer

Removing lsb_release as in here doesn’t resolve the issue.

It has been building for years. What could be the problem ? How to research it further ? What could be a fix ?

Thanks and regards.

Could finally build and run Slicer on Arch (with VTK8).

I had to :
downgrade GCC from 11.0 to previous 10.2, else Python 3.6.7 fails at runtime with assigned tasks (ensurepip, setuptools),
revert qt5-base to the previous one not built by GCC 11.0, else CTKAppLauncher would not link to QtCore.

[ 96%] Linking CXX executable bin/CTKAppLauncher
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libQt5Core.so.5.15.2: undefined reference to `std::__exception_ptr::exception_ptr::_M_release()@CXXABI_1.3.13'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5.15.2: undefined reference to `std::__throw_bad_array_new_length()@GLIBCXX_3.4.29'
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libQt5Core.so.5.15.2: undefined reference to `std::__exception_ptr::exception_ptr::_M_addref()@CXXABI_1.3.13'

I tend to forget that Arch moves on very fast, and hope that built SlicerPython, of whatever version, becomes functional again with latest compilers.

Regards.

It’s a temporary solution. ArchLinux would keep updating to the latest gcc. Other distribution will also update gcc soon or later.
I also encounter compiling error trigger by gdcm, which is needed in ITK subproject.
see also Porting to GCC 11 - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF) for gcc 10 → gcc 11 upgrade porting changes.