Build Slicer with ubuntu 20.04, Qt5.15, cmake 3.17.3

Hi guys,

I managed to build latest Slicer on ubuntu 20.04, Qt5.15, cmake 3.17.3, gcc 9.3.0, but I had two minor issues:

1. I had to set Slicer_USE_PYTHONQT_WITH_OPENSSL = OFF (Slicer was crashing in line Slicer/qSlicerCoreApplication.cxx at 43a758c3d4a0b1568e505606166fd8f68d19095a · Slicer/Slicer · GitHub )

2. Once I build the project and I try to load the inner-build folder (Slicer-build) in QtCreator (4.12.2), QtCreator will reconfigure the full Superbuild inside the inner-build and all the compilation of the inner-build will be compromised. Does anyone have a fix or a workaround?

Davide.

managed to build latest Slicer on ubuntu 20.04, Qt5.15, cmake 3.17.3, gcc 9.3.0

:+1:

I had to set Slicer_USE_PYTHONQT_WITH_OPENSSL = OFF (Slicer was crashing in line Slicer/Base/QTCore/qSlicerCoreApplication.cxx at 43a758c3d4a0b1568e505606166fd8f68d19095a · Slicer/Slicer · GitHub )

We are long over due to an openssl update.
By any change, do you have a more details stacktrace ?

Once I build the project and I try to load the inner-build folder (Slicer-build) in QtCreator (4.12.2), QtCreator will reconfigure the full Superbuild inside the inner-build and all the compilation of the inner-build will be compromised. Does anyone have a fix or a workaround?

Based on my experience with older Qt Creator …

After building the project using Makefile or Ninja generator, did you make sure to open the inner-build project using Qt creator ?

While doing so, you also need to make sure that the compiler, qt version, … all match the one you used to build Slicer.

ok, I have cleaned the inner-build folder, as soon as I finished recompiling again, I’ll run gdb again.

yes

ok, in the past for me it was quite automatic and smooth, I’ll check the kit variables.

screenshot of the levels:
please let me know if you need variables or pointer info for some levels.

It was indeed a wrong compiler version in the qtcreator kit (I should have checked :smile:), thanks for the hint!