Calculating the RMSE

I would like to get the RMSE, which is the evaluation criteria for DIR.
I looked at the Slicer community and found the Fiducials To Model Distance modelu and the Fiducials To Model Registration module to be useful.
I want to use the Fiducials To Model Distance modelu to calculate the RMSE. I know that RMSE is a point-to-point measure, but if I specify a segment in the “Input reference points or surface” field as shown in the figure, what will the RMSE be based on in the “Input reference points” and the segment?
I would appreciate your answer.

It seems that the developer of this extension does not monitor this forum. As always, you can:

1. ask the developer directly by creating an issue or discussion topic in the extension’s repository
  2. have a look at the source code yourself

The relevant part of the source code of the repository is here:

So, it compares point position to the position of the closest point on the surface.

Thank you for your response.
I was late in checking the notification.
I would like to ask an additional question now.
So, when you say “So, it compares the point position to the position of the closest point on the surface.”, does 3DSlicer recognize the segment surface as a point, or does it recognize the CT image as a point?
If you know, please let me know.

It does not recognize the CT image as point. How would you recognize a point in the CT image?

You register a surface (typically extracted from an image using segmentation, such as simple thresholding) and a set of points.

Thank you for your answer .
If I have any more questions, I would like to ask you.
Thank you very much.