Can not find modules in Slicer

Hi everyone,
I remember there is a module named Creatmodels in Slicer which can create a cube or a ball and the size can be set manually. But it can not be found in Slicer recently. Is there any other module can perform the task now?
Best wishes,
Xie

It is in the SlicerIGT extension.

1 Like

Hi muratmaga,
What in SlicerIGT is Markups to model, fiducials should be set for model make. I want create a cube or a ball with diameter setting.
Best wishes,
Xie

Hi @doc-xie -

I know it’s not as convenient as a gui module, but you get a lot of powerful options if you use python for a task like that. There are lots of classes like vtkConeSource, vtkPlaneSoure and others expose many useful controls that would get overwhelming in a gui.

https://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/Nightly/ScriptRepository#Show_a_simple_surface_mesh_as_a_model_node

1 Like

“Create models” module show up in IGT category in the module list after you install SlicerIGT extension:

Hi Lassoan,
SlicerIGT had been installed in 3D Slicer(4.10.0), but “Create models” do not show up in the list. Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 9.50.27 AM

Is it the reason about the version of Slicer?
Best wishes,
Xie

Only latest Slicer Stable Release (4.10.2) and latest Slicer Preview Release (4.11.x) are supported. CreateModels module should be available for both.

Hi Steve,
Thank you very much. I will try the code you advice.
Best wishes,
Xie

Dear all,

I have a similar problem: after installing the SlicerIGT Extension on Slicer 4.10.2 r28257, I only have the Fiducial-Module Registration, Model Registration and Viewpoint modules available.
All other modules are not displayed, but I would like to use them. It wasn’t a problem when installing SlicerIGT on Slicer 4.10.1 version recently. Are the other modules not available for 4.10.2?

Does everything work fine in latest Slicer Preview Release?