Curved planar reformat creates empty volume?

Operating system: Windows 10 (20H2)
Slicer version: 4.11.20210226
Expected behavior: Curved planar reformat creates reformatted volume file
Actual behavior: Volume file created but appears to be empty (with no density curves recovered)

Hello all -

Wondering if anyone with experience with curved planar reformat might be able to lend a hand here?

I seem to be unable to reformat along the centerline of an (admittedly rough) model of a nerve trackway. I’ve extracted a centerline through the “Extract Centerline” tool and all appears to be in order, but the resulting volume (hopefully attached in screenshots and in MOBI at this link) appears to be empty, and unless I’m missing something, inspection of the histogram yields no discernable curve.

Screenshot 2021-10-04 144626
Screenshot 2021-10-04 144540

I’ve used this extension in other projects with success, and I’m not sure what might make this volume and/or structure different. Perhaps the curve is too complex, or there’s some option I’m forgetting to switch? Any help in troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reporting this. The problem is that the input volume is transformed and Curved Planar Reformat module ignores parent transform of the input volume, see:

The easiest workaround is to harden the transform on the volume.

1 Like

Ah, thanks for the help! I hardened the transform and the Planar Reformat worked just fine. I will keep this in mind for future uses of the module!

Great, thanks for the feedback.

We’ll fix this limitation of the module soon.