DICOM information table with no complete information

Problem report for Slicer 4.11.20200930 win-amd64: [in dicom the older versions showed a better table with series date ] I can not control the table width, no series dateScreenshot  dicom

You can now control what fields you want to show in the DICOM browser, what order, format, sorting, and width. This also means that if open an old database then it might be possible that column setup is taken from there, which is not ideal (has the problem you described). I would recommend to create a new DICOM database and import your data sets again. It should just take a few minutes. Let us know if you encounter any problems or need hp with customizing the columns.

Hi Andras

the problem still exists, I think there is a bug, I am happy to continue my work in slicer 10.2. as Dicom table looks like this, also I could control the table columns width. I am using windows version slicer10.2

Do not use Slicer-4.10.2. The DICOM browser in Slicer-4.11.20209030 is vastly superior.

You can. Drag-and-drop the right side of any wide column. By default these are the manually resizable columns (the others are either very short, so there is no need for manual size adjustment; or very long and so it is set to use the maximum remaining space):

• Patient: Patient ID, Last Study Date, Date added
  • Study: Study ID, Date added
  • Series: Date added

Column resize is not enabled by default for other columns because it should not be necessary (there is one auto-fit column that takes up the unused space). If you want to try if you prefer manual resizing then copy-paste this into the Python console, for example for series description:

dicomBrowser = slicer.modules.dicom.widgetRepresentation().self().browserWidget.dicomBrowser
dicomDatabase = dicomBrowser.database()
dicomDatabase.setFormatForField('Series', 'SeriesDescription', '{"resizeMode":"interactive"}')

Series Date is intentionally hidden by default:

• It is a type 3 (optional) field, often not set
  • Study date is a type 2 (required) field, it is already shown by default in Study table
  • Series table is already crowded with several new, very informative fields (Size, Count, Date added), therefore adding more fields would make leave less space for Series description

Anyway, you can customize all the columns to make it fit your workflow. For example, run this to show the series date column:

dicomBrowser = slicer.modules.dicom.widgetRepresentation().self().browserWidget.dicomBrowser
dicomDatabase = dicomBrowser.database()
dicomDatabase.setVisibilityForField('Series', 'SeriesDate', True)

Column visualization preferences are stored in the DICOM database, therefore you need to set it only once. Also if you use a separate DICOM database for each project you work on, you can use a different column layout for each. You can find many more examples of how to customize columns in the script repository.