Embedded Qlabel as a Slicer app layout

Hello everyone,

Hope it’s going good!
Currently, I am using slicer to display some images(or video) on a Qlabel. It seems to work fine, but I want to embedd the Qlabel window on the slicer layout, instead of any one of the Planar or 3D views. Can anyone share some ideas/ let me know a nice way to get this done?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Srijeet

You can use the same method how the DICOM module shows the DICOM browser widget in the layout.

However, to take full advantage of all Slicer features, such as real-time processing, analysis, annotation, measurement, recording and replay, etc. of 2D/3D image streams, I would strongly recommend to use a 2D or 3D viewer instead of the extremely limited QLabel.

You don’t even need to implement the streaming interface, you can use SlicerOpenIGTLink module to receive and visualize real-time image streams. By using Plus toolkit there is a good chance that you don’t need to do any custom software development if you want to connect to your ultrasound, endoscope, video camera, depth camera, etc… See https://www.slicerigt.org/ for some examples.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the explanations and hints, I would look into the DICOM module and the Plus toolkit. I could already get the image streams on the viewers, this one I wanted to try out additionally.

1 Like