Error loading models in FreeSurfer extension

Hello,

I am trying to use the FreeSurfer Importer to import surface data into slicer. I’ve checked using Freeview that the data can be loaded and visualized, however when using the slicer’s extension an error occurs when loading the files. The log shows this:

Error: Loading /Applications/freesurfer/7.4.1/subjects/sub-CON006/lh.surf.white - Could not load file: /Applications/freesurfer/7.4.1/subjects/sub-CON006/lh.surf.white

Would be grateful for any help! Thanks in advance.

Can you send a link to the full log?
I can also take a look at the model if you can send me a link.

Hi I wasn’t sure how to send you the link so I’ve just copied it here sorry about that.

Critical | Stream
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/Slicer.app/Contents/Extensions-32438/SlicerFreeSurfer/lib/Slicer-5.6/qt-scripted-modules/NiBabelModelIO.py”, line 169, in readModelNode
geom = VolGeom.from_surf_footer(metadata)
File “/Applications/Slicer.app/Contents/Extensions-32438/SlicerFreeSurfer/lib/Slicer-5.6/qt-scripted-modules/NiBabelModelIO.py”, line 70, in from_surf_footer
shape=footer[‘volume’],
KeyError: ‘volume’

Warning | Qt
“/Applications/Slicer.app/Contents/Extensions-32438/SlicerFreeSurfer/lib/Slicer-5.6/qt-scripted-modules/NiBabelModelIO.py” - In “NiBabelModelIOFileReader” class, function ‘write’ is expected to return a string boolean !
static void qSlicerIOManager::showLoadNodesResultDialog(bool, vtkMRMLMessageCollection *) Errors occurred while loading nodes: “Error: Loading /Users/tony/Downloads/lh.surf.white - Could not load file: /Users/tony/Downloads/lh.surf.white\n”

and here is the link to the model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ir9ujO30gsyYEmWNXCO52ZNK82FmZqnb/view?usp=drive_link