Error while enumerating installed pacages when trying to remote attach from VS code

I am a newbie to Slicer extension development and tried to set up python debugging with vs code following the github instruction. But I got the error as shown below in the Slicer Python Console. I tested it on Ubuntu 20.04, Slicer 5.4.0 r31938 / 311cb26, and VS code 1.82.1.

Thanks on advance

Python 3.9.10 (main, Aug 19 2023, 11:01:17)
[GCC 7.3.1 20180303 (Red Hat 7.3.1-5)] on linux2

E+00008.717: Error while enumerating installed packages.

Traceback (most recent call last):
           File "/home/phsamuel/Downloads/Slicer-5.4.0-linux-amd64/lib/Python/lib/python3.9/site-packages/debugpy/common/log.py", line 361, in get_environment_description
             report("    {0}=={1}\n", pkg.name, pkg.version)
         AttributeError: 'PathDistribution' object has no attribute 'name'

Stack where logged:
           File "/home/phsamuel/Downloads/Slicer-5.4.0-linux-amd64/slicer.org/Extensions-31938/DebuggingTools/lib/Slicer-5.4/qt-scripted-modules/PyDevRemoteDebug.py", line 248, in onConnect
             self.logic.connect()
           File "/home/phsamuel/Downloads/Slicer-5.4.0-linux-amd64/slicer.org/Extensions-31938/DebuggingTools/lib/Slicer-5.4/qt-scripted-modules/PyDevRemoteDebug.py", line 578, in connect
             debugpy.listen(self.getPortNumber())
           File "/home/phsamuel/Downloads/Slicer-5.4.0-linux-amd64/lib/Python/lib/python3.9/site-packages/debugpy/public_api.py", line 31, in wrapper
             return wrapped(*args, **kwargs)
           File "/home/phsamuel/Downloads/Slicer-5.4.0-linux-amd64/lib/Python/lib/python3.9/site-packages/debugpy/server/api.py", line 122, in debug
             ensure_logging()
           File "/home/phsamuel/Downloads/Slicer-5.4.0-linux-amd64/lib/Python/lib/python3.9/site-packages/debugpy/server/api.py", line 61, in ensure_logging
             log.describe_environment("Initial environment:")
           File "/home/phsamuel/Downloads/Slicer-5.4.0-linux-amd64/lib/Python/lib/python3.9/site-packages/debugpy/common/log.py", line 369, in describe_environment
             info("{0}", get_environment_description(header))
           File "/home/phsamuel/Downloads/Slicer-5.4.0-linux-amd64/lib/Python/lib/python3.9/site-packages/debugpy/common/log.py", line 363, in get_environment_description
             swallow_exception("Error while enumerating installed packages.")
           File "/home/phsamuel/Downloads/Slicer-5.4.0-linux-amd64/lib/Python/lib/python3.9/site-packages/debugpy/common/log.py", line 215, in swallow_exception
             _exception(format_string, *args, **kwargs)

It seems that debugpy developers messed up something last week or the week before, so there were some broken versions. I’ve just tested the debugger in VS Code and everything works (with debugpy latest version 1.8.0).

You already have debugpy installed in Slicer’s Python environment, so if you want to get the latest version then you can run pip_install('debugpy --upgrade') in the Slicer Python console.