Extension assistance - basic tools to start

I’ve started using 3D slicer, and managed to get a manual protocol for my project (probe view for DBS surgeries). It really is an amazing tool!
Now I want to create an extension by using python, but am struggling greatly. I only need to use existing modules (not any new algorithms), but I feel that I don’t have the basic functions I need to know in order to write the wrapping code. For example:
I want to create markup angle by user input; or I need to make sure my scanned are not “reformatted”, but I couldn’t find the orientation of the scan via GetOrientation.
I read the Perk Lab bootcamp tutorials, I saw the tutorial videos, and looked at the script repository. Is there a page with the default basic functions (similarly to matlab)? Is there a service where I can just sit down with an expert for a couple of hours?

Thanks in advance for any answer!

I’ve started using 3D slicer, and managed to get a manual protocol for my project (probe view for DBS surgeries). It really is an amazing tool!

Thanks for sharing your experience :pray: :sparkles:

I want to create markup angle by user input

The Markups module documentation should provide you with useful details.

or I need to make sure my scanned are not “reformatted”

We would need to more details and possibly screenshot to better understand the “issue”

I need to make sure my scanned are not “reformatted”

Without more details, reading about the “Acquisition geometry regularization” in the DICOM module page may be of interested. (Panels and their use → Basic usage → DICOM module settings)

Is there a page with the default basic functions (similarly to matlab)?

Starting with the Developer Guide may be helpful,

Is there a service where I can just sit down with an expert for a couple of hours?

See https://www.slicer.org/commercial-use.html

First, thank you for your answer.

Regarding the markups, I figured out how to do it manually, but I can’t seem to make a button to add an angle markup in my extension. I looked in the developer guide but couldn’t find it…

What I meant in regard to reformatted files, is that when I load my DICOM I sometimes get the slices in “reformat” orientation, and not the canonical (axial/coronal/sagittal):
and I would like that in my extension the orientation will be automatically changed to the canonical (in each slice view, i.e. red, green and yellow).

I will search in the developer guide and the forum for my other questions, thanks!