Failed to execute in CentOS 8.3.2011

I downloaded the latest stable release and was not able to get Slicer to execute. The error message received was

/u/software/slicer/Slicer-4.11.20200930-linux-amd64/bin/SlicerApp-real: error while loading shared libraries: libnsl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I was not able to download libnsl.slo.1 from the Centos 8 repos.

Does anyone on the list have Centos 8.3.2011 that might be able to help.

Thanks ahead of time!!!

Greg Ennis

The same results occurred with downloading the unstable release.
/u/software/slicer/Slicer-4.13.0-2020-12-31-linux-amd64/bin/SlicerApp-real: error while loading shared libraries: libnsl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I found BUG # 1814151
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1814151

After installing libnsl via
dnf install libnsl

I was still unable to use Slice
u/software/slicer/Slicer-4.13.0-2020-12-31-linux-amd64/bin/SlicerApp-real: symbol lookup error:/lib64/libk5crypto.so.3: undefined symbol: EVP_KDF_ctrl, version OPENSSL_1_1_1b

Additional research identified the problem

I deleted the libcrypto.so.1.1.s in the Slicer subdirectory and was able to get ./Slicer to execute.

Hope this is helpful to other Centos 8 users.

Greg

2 Likes

@jcfr Is there anything we can do about this or we should just document this in linux install instructions as a workaround? Is there any better way of packaging than what we do now? Should we choose a few linux distributions that we officially support and let users build from source on all others?