Heart: 3D Printing/ 3D PDF view

There are better web viewers now! See for example the 3dviewer.net and some example segmentation visualizations here:

1 Like

Today I find this topic, it is very useful! :smiley:

Is there any way to play DICOM data(dcm or nrrd ) through webļ¼Ÿ

If you want to see both surface mesh and image then the OpenAnatomy viewer could be a good option.

For a traditional radiology viewer (2D oriented, image-only), you can use the OHIF viewer, for example in Kheops.

Hello everyone,

Iā€™m having some trouble exporting my models as OBJ. file and trying to open in platforms like Online 3D viewer. The first problem is related to opacity. The segments that are solid (100% opaque) are invisible and when I make them transparent (before creating the OBJ.) they appear opaque in the Online 3D Viewer (image). Another problem is related to the colors, everything very dark and lackluster when I invert the opacities of segments. The name of the segments also does not appear, only a code (image)

You need to use the latest Slicer Preview Release. Why have implemented name, hierarchy, opacity improvements there. Colors look differs by because glTF using PBR lighting model and Slicer uses Gouraud by default. In the short term you can get more lively color by choosing lighter and more saturated colors in Slicer. Improving PBR support in the OpenAnatomy exporter is a work in progress, Iā€™ll drop a note here when it is ready for testing.

Iā€™ve updated SlicerOpenAnatomy extension to use PBR colors directly for models that use PBR interpolation. For segmentation or models that use Gouraud interpolation the color saturation is now boosted when exported to glTF, so the colors should look better.

Dear Dr. Lasso and 3dslicer community,

I wanted to share with a friend a segmentation that I performed.
Problem is: my friend is not nerdā€¦therefore I checked on forum the 3d pdf solution.
I carefully read the topic und fully understand the problem with 3dpdf.
Therefore I tried the recommendations of the topic:
I followed the post of september 2020:
" How to export a model from Slicer and create a link for viewing it in a web browser:

• Export segmentation to OBJ format using OpenAnatomy Exporter module (provided by SlicerOpenAnatomy extension)
  • put them in a folder that has the same name as the .obj file and zip it
  • open this URL in your web browser (on your desktop, table, or phone) and open the zip file in it: https://kitware.github.io/vtk-js/examples/OBJViewer/OBJViewer.html "

this is my segments:

I did the OBJ using the openAnatomy Exporter module. I did a zip.

then, when I use the vtk.js
it worked, BUT unfortunately without colors:

I read on the rest of topic about these colorsā€¦but I could not find a very good guidance

What did I do wrongā€¦?

of course, I need something very simple for my colleague to share this volume, because he does not have the Programme. I need something very very basic for him.

thanks for help!!!
mathieu

I would suggest exporting to glTF, instead of OBJ.

Also give your export OBJ a try with another viewer like: http://3dviewer.net/

many Thx!!!
it worked very well withgITF
but with OBJ in 3dviewer.net, the problem remained.

So the good option is gITF

cheers!