How to get the center coordinates of Slice intersections

Take a look at the Slicer script repository linked below to see if this is what you are looking for

https://slicer.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developer_guide/script_repository.html#get-current-mouse-coordinates-in-a-slice-view

1 Like

I figured out how to get the center position of crosshair, but I didn’t figure out how to get the center position of Slice intersections. The feature I want to implement now is that when Slice intersections move,crosshair moves with them and their center points are always in the same place. When Slice intersections move as a whole, I can easily move them to the mouse position. The problem now is that I can’t get the central position of Slice intersections when the individual intersectingSliceNode moves. Thanks

In general slices do not intersect each other in a single point (there may be 0, 1, or several intersection points), so in general I would not recommend to depend on it.

However, it is quite common to have 3 non-parallel slice planes and for this case there is a single intersection point. You can find the computation for example in the ValveView module in SlicerHeart extension.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll give it a try