We are working with CT scan source images to segment bone. High resolution segments are needed. Each source Cropped Volume is around 1400x600x300 px. Grow from seeds is our actual approach.
- Operating system: Win10
- Slicer version: 4.11.0-2019-11-15 r28624
- Graphic card: Nvidia GTX 1060 6G
- RAM: 48Gb DDR3 1333
- 2x Xeon E5 2670
- SATA 3 SSD 240Gb
Each segmentation made with Grow from seeds takes around 10 min. Any paint tast to improve/fix segments takes around a minute so autoupdate is not very usable. Other edit segment tools are affected. Margin Tool - Grow is a full night task, for example.
Checking system monitor, we saw some interesting items:
- Just one core is 100%, the others are most 0%
- RAM is almost full
- Main thread is almost blocked.
- How can we improve/change hardware for ideal configuration?
- Have CUDA drivers any role in this task? Which is best Nvidia Driver?
- Any application setting change could improve computation times?
Thanks on advance!