Incorrect area result using closed curve markups measurement

OS: Windows10 x64
Slicer version: 4.13.0-2021-08-08
Image used: built-in sample data (Chest CT)

video link
I found the results of measured area using the closed curve markup with linear curve were inconsistent when I toggled the Enable checkbox in Slicer ver4.11.20210226, see the video “4.11.mp4”.
I tried to reproduce this problem in Slicer 4.13.0-2021-08-08, but I got 0 cm^2 instead, see the video “4.13.0.mp4”.

The results looked fine if I chose spline curve instead of linear curve, and I haven’t tried any other curve type yet.

Thanks for reporting. I’ve submitted an issue to track this problem:

As a quick workaround, you can increase the resolution of the curve by typing this into the Python console (replace CC by the actual name of your curve node):


Thank you for the workaround, Prof Lasso.