Loading an MRB file

(Sara Rolfe) #1

Hello,
I’m trying to load an MRB file into Slicer using the following snippet:

loadedNodes = vtk.vtkCollection()
fileProperties = {}
fileProperties[‘fileName’] = ‘…localData/Slicer/RemoteIO/mCT_mouse.mrb’
success = slicer.app.coreIOManager().loadNodes(‘SceneFile’, fileProperties, loadedNodes)

the MRB file I’m using for testing can be downloaded from: http://slicermorph.fhl.washington.edu/mCT_mouse.mrb

When I try this, the files are loaded into slicer, but the nodes are not returned in ‘loadedNodes’.Trying this code with a .nrrd file returns the correct nodes. Is this expected behavior?

Thanks,
Sara

(Sam Horvath) #2

Some thoughts:

What is the value of the success variable after attempting the load? are you specifying the full path when you run the snippet?

Would slicer.util.loadScene work for your application?

(Andras Lasso) #3

The scene reader does not provide a list of all nodes that are loaded, only a success/fail flag. However, you can easily get the list of loaded nodes by adding an observer to the scene:

loadedNodes = []

@vtk.calldata_type(vtk.VTK_OBJECT)
def onNodeAdded(caller, event, calldata):
    loadedNodes.append(calldata)

sceneObservationId = slicer.mrmlScene.AddObserver(slicer.vtkMRMLScene.NodeAddedEvent, onNodeAdded)
slicer.util.loadScene('c:/tmp/MyScene.mrb')
slicer.mrmlScene.RemoveObserver(sceneObservationId)

print(loadedNodes)

(Sara Rolfe) #4

Thanks @Sam_Horvath. The success variable was ‘True’ and slicer.util.loadScene() does work.

Thanks @lassoan for clarifying how the scene reader works. I now understand that the Sample Data module was checking for a list of loaded nodes after importing my MRB file because the parameters were not set properly when registering the custom data set.