Mantis: "APPLICATION ERROR #2800 Invalid form security token."

I’ve seen this error twice, yesterday and today, when I started filling in a form on Mantis (either a new issue or a response), and waited too long to submit. It happened again just now, after maybe 30 min. Reloading the page allows me to re-enter/copy the content and proceed, but this limitation seems quite unfriendly to bug reporters, who are (ideally!) collecting and confirming information over a period of time while filling in, before actually submitting.

APPLICATION ERROR #2800 Invalid form security token.

Google takes me here which says:

Unfortunately, this problem cannot be fixed without a major rework of the way sessions and form security are handled in MantisBT.

Hmm.

I get this fairly often too, but fortunately if I just hit ‘back’ in the browser my note contents are still there and I can just click submit and everything is fine.

You are lucky. I get this error often, too, but for me the content is usually (maybe always) lost. If cannot be fixed then at least showing a warning could help (“submission has to be completed within X minutes, otherwise entered in text may be lost”).

:+1:

Idem.

Before submitting form, I always copy the content in a buffer. I usually do this for any online form …

I am getting the same error while trying to sign up to report a bug. It doesn’t seem to help to click “Back” and try again after trying it numerous times. Is there a way an account can be created for me?

Hi @cory.quammen,

It turns out you already have an account. It was created in 2010 and the associated username is cquammen

You should have received a password reset link.

(Ps: The Mantis message couldn’t definitively be improved and be more informative.)

Let us know if you have any other problem,
Jc

Ah, thanks for resetting my password. I should have checked first :slight_smile: Looks like I am all set.