New module for cross-section area measurement

We have added a new module for measuring 2D cross-section area of segmented structures. User can choose measurement axis direction and results are available both as table and plot.

It is available for latest Slicer Preview Release (Slicer-4.11) in Sandbox extension (in Examples category). After the extension is installed, the “Segment Cross-Section Area” module will show up in Quantification category.

Thanks for @hherhold for developing the original version of the module.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

4 Likes

Hi Andras,

Thanks for polishing this up and making it a real module. I learned a lot from doing the original, and even more from reading through your version. Looks awesome.

Thanks again!

-Hollister

2 Likes

The 3D slicer community is sooo warm!
I am finding the way to calculate the 2D segment area and the new version 3D slicer with the new module is releasing! How lucky!
Thank you sooo much!

1 Like

Hi Hollister,
Thank you so much for the module.
I want to use this modle in a stable version 3D Slicer 4.10, but I don’t know how to install/run it. Would you mind to teach me?

Thanks,
Jue

If you want to use this module then you must upgrade to a recent Slicer Preview Release.

Preview Releases work well, they do not have any known issues. However, if you switch to Slicer-4.11 then it is recommended to keep using that and not try to load scenes that are crates with Slicer-4.11 into Slicer-4.10.

1 Like