NRRD loading broken on Windows since yesterday nightly

It seems that NRRD loading has been broken on Windows by a commit made yesterday. I noticed it when I updated my local clone and tried using Slicer afterwards. NRRD files failed to be loaded in both debug and release mode. It’s also the same in the nightly package the factory made, and there are 36 more failing tests on the dashboard, so it’s definitely not a local issue.

Click here to see the error message

vtkITKArchetypeImageSeriesReader::ExecuteInformation: Cannot open C:/Users/pinter/AppData/Local/Temp/RemoteIO/CT-chest.nrrd. ITK exception info: error in unknown: Could not create IO object for reading file C:/Users/pinter/AppData/Local/Temp/RemoteIO/CT-chest.nrrd
Tried to create one of the following:
MRMLIDImageIO
You probably failed to set a file suffix, or
set the suffix to an unsupported type.

Algorithm vtkITKArchetypeDiffusionTensorImageReaderFile(00000237CF64BF00) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (00000237D3450AD0)
Debug: Off
Modified Time: 867266
Reference Count: 1
Registered Events: (none)
Request: REQUEST_INFORMATION
FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1

vtkITKArchetypeImageSeriesReader::ExecuteInformation: Cannot open C:/Users/pinter/AppData/Local/Temp/RemoteIO/CT-chest.nrrd. ITK exception info: error in unknown: Could not create IO object for reading file C:/Users/pinter/AppData/Local/Temp/RemoteIO/CT-chest.nrrd
MRMLIDImageIO

Algorithm vtkITKArchetypeImageSeriesVectorReaderSeries(00000237CF64BF00) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (00000237D344C6B0)
Modified Time: 868804

MRMLIDImageIO

Algorithm vtkITKArchetypeImageSeriesScalarReader(00000237CF64CD80) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (00000237D3450260)
Modified Time: 869571

ReadData: Cannot read file as a volume of type DiffusionTensorVolume[fullName = C:/Users/pinter/AppData/Local/Temp/RemoteIO/CT-chest.nrrd]
Number of files listed in the node = 0.
File reader says it was able to read 0 files.
File reader used the archetype file name of C:/Users/pinter/AppData/Local/Temp/RemoteIO/CT-chest.nrrd []
FileFormatError

ReadData: MRMLVolumeNode does not match file kind

ReadData: Failed to instantiate a file reader

ReadData: Cannot read file as a volume of type Volume[fullName = C:/Users/pinter/AppData/Local/Temp/RemoteIO/CT-chest.nrrd]
Number of files listed in the node = 0.
File reader says it was able to read 0 files.
File reader used the archetype file name of C:/Users/pinter/AppData/Local/Temp/RemoteIO/CT-chest.nrrd []
FileFormatError

I cannot see an obvious culprit in the log, so I’m hoping someone has an idea about what caused this.
Thanks!

This is a quite fundamental problem. @jcfr Can you have a look?

1 Like

This should be fixed in r27035

3 Likes