Observe annotation ruler size change

Hi. I try to capture the change in size of a vtkMRMLAnnotationRulerNode. Is there any event (signal) which is triggered in such a situation? I am using the nice LineProfile example of Andras, but I would like to be able to update the line profile chart “on line” when changing the annotation ruler.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers Gheorghe

A completely reworked version of the line profile plot module is available:

It can update the profile in real-time as you modify the ruler (just click the checkbox on the “Compute…” button). It also makes available the sampled intensity values in a table, and uses new plotting infrastructure.

https://github.com/lassoan/SlicerLineProfile/blob/master/LineProfileScreenshot01.png?raw=true

It would be ready to be submitted to the extension manager (so that you can install using a single click) but I did not have time to create an icon for the extension. If anybody could draw a nice icon to replace the current placeholder then please do and send a pull request. Thanks!

2 Likes

You’re the best. Work like a charm. Thank you.

Is looks like sometimes the update speed is not always the same. Moving the mouse does not always update the plot. Can I adapt the update parameters? Luckily the values saved in the table are always correct.

Can you give more details about what you would like to do exactly?