"other DICOM listeners running" on startup

dicombrowser

(Andrey Fedorov) #1

I recently started seeing the message below every time on startup. I don’t start any listeners knowingly. Is this message expected?

(Andras Lasso) #2

The error message means that the DICOM module detects running processes that have storescp in their name. Do you actually have such processes running?

(Andrey Fedorov) #3

No, not to my knowledge. I do not think I knowingly started any storescp processes. I guess I should investigate whether this is caused by any of the extensions first … Let me disable all extensions and see if I still get this popup.

(Andras Lasso) #4

Storescp may be run by other applications with DICOM networking features, not just by Slicer. When Slicer reports that this process is found, run ps -A to confirm.

(Andrey Fedorov) #5

Ah, good point! Indeed, I see it running with ps. But it is running from the Slicer application folder. And it is not stopped when I close Slicer. If I uninstall all extensions, it is still started when I start Slicer.

(Andras Lasso) #6

I think this is a Slicer core feature. Check if “Start listener when Slicer starts” checkbox is enabled in the DICOM module (in the module panel).

(Andrey Fedorov) #7

Yes, indeed - it was checked. I don’t recall checking it though, and when it is checked, I would expect Slicer to shut it down on application exit. But in any case, the issue I had is resolved - no more automatic startup, and the popup is gone. Thank you!

(Steve Pieper) #8

Yes, it is supposed to, at least it used to.