reload slicerrc.py without having to restart slicer

I somehow can create new customised volume rendering presets as per explanations
however at present need to restart slicer to see the effects as i need the slicerrc.py file to be read

Is there a way to re read the slicerrc.py file without having to restart slicer

ps : is there anywhere a good detailed explanation for all the settings in custom volume presets
ie the format of the numbers ; pairs / triplets etc
Thanks
Greatly appreciated

You can experiment with copy-pasting code to the Python console. Once you have the final code snippet, you can put it in your .slicerrc file.

Format of volume property file is described in the volume rendering module documentation. Volume rendering transfer functions are explained in VTK textbook.

Thanks for the reply ; Have achieved what i wanted ( the long way ) multiple anchor points on a preset and alter them when using slicer ; I came across this code propNode = displayNode.GetVolumePropertyNode()
volumeProp = propNode.GetVolumeProperty()
slicer.modules.volumerendering.logic().SetThresholdToVolumeProp(self.scalarRange,[thresholdLevel - thresholdWindow/2, thresholdLevel + thresholdWindow/2],volumeProp,True,True)
color = vtk.vtkColorTransferFunction()
color.AddRGBPoint(-3000, 0, 0, 0)
color.AddRGBPoint(thresholdLevel-self.thresholdWindow/2, 0.6, 0.3, 0.2)
color.AddRGBPoint(thresholdLevel, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
color.AddRGBPoint(thresholdLevel+self.thresholdWindow/2, 1.0, 0.9, 0.9)
color.AddRGBPoint(3000, 0.8, 0.7, 1.0)
volumeProp.SetColor(color)
from another discussion ;
which i can find verry useful ;
however when i try it the volume does not respond ; ie aware the line with the feachure i want is the second last and need to alter the x position and the corresponding rgb values , slicer find no error in the code but the volume does not respond with the altered values ; any advice would be useful to me