Seek advice on merge surfaces

I’m working on a project to reconstruct the surface of the bronchi.
My idea is to generate tubes to compensate for the end loss of the model after smoothing.
I generated tubes of different sizes through the centerline. And I want to merge it with the original bronchi surface.Do you have any good suggestions?
This is the current generated surface and the original surface

This is a similar effect I want to achieve.

If I understood well you need to use “union” operation of CombineModels module from Sandbox extension.

HIH

There are vessel surface reconstruction filters in VMTK that do exactly this. There is no GUI for this reconstruction but you can use the filters in Slicer’s Python console.

Hi!
How did you generate tubes of different sizes through the centerline?

Thank you for your advice.
I’m sorry to reply so late.I tried your suggestion, but it didn’t work.I guess because both models are mesh.I don’t know if this is the right guess

hi,
I am glad to receive your suggestion and apologize for the late response.
I’m not very good with VMTK.Can you tell me how to use this filers?The code would be even better,because I want to integrate it into my code,Automate the entire process.
Thank you again

hi,
I used slicer to extract the centerline of the trachea, then exported the file and read the data through VTK.And then rebuild by vtk example TubesWithVaryingRadiusAndColors.

1 Like