Segment Editor Gaps

Hello,

The segmentation I have been working on has been giving me these weird gaps in a sort of pattern as you can see below. These images were registered in 3d slicer as well, if anyone knows what could be causing this please let me know.

This is expected when segmenting on oblique slices. See details in the documentation.

2 Likes

Hello,

When I segmented these I switched the axis to match to resolve the gaps in the oblique slices, however, now it still seems like the axis may be off, but the axis button is no longer available on the segment editor. Is there another reason this could be/do the axis revert?

There are also some segmentations in this mrml that are associated with different volumes that are like this, and some that have no gaps/separation over slices.

Your image looks highly anisotropic, i.e., distance between slices is huge compared to the size of pixels within a slice. Most likely you have 3 image series like this in the study, in axial, sagittal, coronal orientations.

These kind of studies are barely usable for 3D analysis, but with some effort you may still get out the information you need. You can learn more about this topic here: