Shift + mouse wheel does not change brush size

Problem report for Slicer 4.10.2 macosx-amd64: [please describe expected (( if I press shift + mouse up/down the brush size change ))and actual behavior ((this shortcut did not work)) ]

You need to interact in a view first to bring that view into focus. For example, you can right-click in a view.

Hi Andras
thank you for replay, its doesn’t work even ctr+mouse weels for zooming. I’ve worked for a long time on 3Dslicer and this is a new laptop MacBook pro. The programme had worked nicely with MacBook air and PC but I don’t know why not working properly with MacBook pro≥

regards

Hi Andras

I think there is a bug with this version because I’ve tried in my older mac the older version and it is worked properly with shift or ctrl +mouse wheel.

regards

I think this is https://issues.slicer.org/view.php?id=4661 which is still listed as an open issue.

Previously reported by @Ash_Alarfaj back in November 2018 Brush size control by key

It would be nice if someone who uses a Mac could investigate why VTK does not emit mouse wheel events on MacOSX (there is nothing MacOSX-specific behavior specified at Slicer level - see here).

Until the behavior is changed, workarounds are available. For example: Use Ctrl +/- keyboard shortcut for approximate brush sizing and use right-click-and-drag to fine-tune physical brush size (brush size is defined in view size by default, therefore zooming in/out the view results in changing in physical brush size change).