Slicer 4.11 crash when switch to a layout with standard quantitave

Hi everybody,

since the last update when I switch to a layout with standard quantitative Slicer crashes (both manual switch and from python script). The error I have is

An OpenGL Core Profile was requested, but it is not supported on the current platform. Falling back to a non-Core profile. Note that this might cause rendering issues.
ASSERT: “ctxt == nullptr || surface != nullptr” in file /home/gina/lavoro/AOUS/src/Slicer-SuperBuild-Release/VTK/GUISupport/Qt/QVTKOpenGLNativeWidget.cxx, line 127

I’m using Slicer on Linux Ubuntu compiled from master branch, version 4.11.0-2016-04-23 r25018.

Thank you a lot,
Gina

This view uses Qt webview to draw plots using a JavaScript library, so there are a number of things that can go wrong.

Which Qt version do you use? What CPU and graphics card do you have?

These JavaScript based plotting views will be deprecated soon and VTK native plotting views should be used instead. If you don’t need real-time updates from MRML nodes then python plotting libraries may be used too (but these are still in experimental phase).

Hi thanks for the answer,

Qt version is 5.13.1. I have a Intel Core i7-4500U and a yIntel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller.

Unfortunately I wrote a Slicer Extension to quantify some quality control parameters in MR that use this kind of plot but I will try to update to a new version using VTK. But it seems to me that also some Slicer integrated modules keep using this, such as Label Statistics. Is it possible?

Gina

This is a very old computer (6 generations behind current chipsets), which can cause compatibility issues.

Label statistics will be deprecated soon. It is replaced by Segment statistics module.