SpatialLabs stereoscopic display

Unfortunately it seems like resolution on the AR goggles isn’t quite there yet. The Ultraleap is pretty good but viewing window is small . Hololens 2 has similar issues but we have investigators who use it for telestrating during simple procedures. Use VR and AR (Quest 2 and Quest 3 passthrough) with MedicalHolodeck program for planning approach and 3D slicer for fast volume rendering or segmentation/printing.

Had been struggling with a good intraoperative solution for a roadmap-type reference, since most of my partners wouldn’t be willing to wear hardware/goggles in the OR. These seem to fit that need - have 2 cameras which t ack eye and head movements and adjust the view to your position. Illusion is very convincing and have trialed some segmentations with it and had good results. Problem is those take time and sometimes volume renderings get the job done. Version I’m using is Acer SpatialLabs View Pro, but there are nicer versions made by Sony and others.

Looking glass product is excellent (I have a LKG Go preordered), but cost/size is an issue and requires significant graphics hardware to render from so many angles. It’s the only non-goggles solution I’m aware of with group viewing though.

Thanks again for your response. I don’t have any programming experience so your replies here and in the forums have been very helpful. If you know of any AR overlay capabilities for laparoscopy I would be very interested to hear about it since most of my cases are done that way (pediatric surgery).