The speed of import dicom files from directory is very slow. How to solve the problem?

Hi Dear developers and users.

I am delineating the ROI(Tumor) in abdominal MRIs and then extract the radiomics features for further search.

When import dicom files from directory, I found the speed is very slow. And it spent a lot of time on “updating displayed fields”,which needs more than 2 hrs importing one patient MRI data.

How to solve the problem?

The screen print is below.
Thanks!!

updating%20displayed%20fields

How many files do you have indexed in the database? You may find that updates are faster if you process one of few patients at a time.

I’m currently working on DICOM browser improvements. I’ll have a look at displayed fields update, probably it can be made faster.

It would be good to profile things - my sense is that the gui is being updated more than needed, but it could also be something in the database indexing.

I have already found a couple of issues around indexing (for example, the file system watcher triggered very frequent database view updates) and already fixed them in my branch.

I may do some more profiling with a large DICOM data set before I send the pull request.

Thanks! I usually add 10 patients data into the database and the database now have more than 150 files.

Thanks!How to check?Or how to solve?

Just wait 1-2 weeks until my updates get into the Slicer Preview Release.