Total number of radiomics features

Hello Slicer Community!

In Radiomics of Slicer, the maximum number of radiomic features is 130, which is mostly consistent with the number of features specified in the documentation of Pyradiomics (Radiomic Features — pyradiomics v3.0.1.post4+gad5b2de documentation ).
However, I read one research saying they extract about 1300 radiomic features using Pyradiomics, and a google search also specifies that " On average, Pyradiomics extracts ≈1500 features per image."

How to interpret these differences? And are there any disadvantages using Radiomic in Slicer than the Pyradiomics?

Appreciate.

1 Like

hello,
that’s my question too.
also, sometimes for unknown reason it extracts 140 features instead of 130 features!

The difference is due to the compounding effect of applying filters. This is possible in SlicerRadiomics if you use the parameters file. See the PyRadiomics documentation for more info.

I went through all mentioned documentation but would be really helpful to provide a working SlicerRadiomics PARAMETERS FILE (one that instructs ALL possible image types and feature classes) as an example and courtesy to those of us who are not coding experts. I would be enormously grateful. Thanks in advance and best regards, Marko

Parameter files can be found in the repository here. A good place to start would be Params.yaml.