Ultrasound tutorials

Hi,

Can anyone give some basic tutorial and links for using the ultrasound extension module.

Thanks and regards,

Suba

There are a number of tutorials here:

http://www.slicerigt.org/wp/user-tutorial/

(some include recorded data so you can demo/test without needing access to real systems)

Hi,

Thank you sir for your valuable reply mail. I want to create model from the slicer ultrasound sample data set and I want to know that is possible. I just want to know how the ultrasound extension module is used. If I use the slicer ultrasound data set in the ultrasound extension module that is where I got stuck I don’t know how to use the option in it. Can anyone help me with some tutorials.

Thanks and regards,

Suba

Yes, it is. We get best results by segmenting on individual tracked ultrasound slices and reconstruct a model from that using Markups To Models module. This works very fast and robustly for simple shapes, such as tumors. Another option is to reconstruct a volume and segment that (and export segmentation to models). We used this approach with acceptable results for reconstructing more complex shapes, such as bone surfaces.

Hi,

Thank you for your valuable reply. Let me try with your valuable instructions and get back to you.

Thanks and regards,

Suba

1 Like