Posting on behalf of a user. He apparently installed the latest mac preview, but got this error message after trying to start Slicer.
“Slicer” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware
What is the proper way to override this?
- Go find the app in Finder
- Right click and say “Open”
- When it says “this app can’t be opened” go ahead and hit cancel
- Right click and say “Open” a second time. (Yeah, it’s like it didn’t listen the first time.)
- Go ahead and click “Open anyway” or whatever it says.
Off you go.
You can also go to the privacy/security settings in the control panel, I think, and override there.
Thank you, this actually worked
Thank you for this easy fix- had the same problem!