Recently, I have been investigating the source of a crash on exit.
To reproduce the crash:
./Slicer --no-main-window --testing
- removing the connection to the
closedsignal object here in the DICOM module avoids the crash on exit from happening.
- disconnecting the signal on exit (or just after setting the connection) does not prevent the crash from happening
- starting the application with the main window prevents the crash on exit from happening
- a possibly related thread on the PythonQt forum is this one: Segmentation fault after emiting a signal
- yesterday, we updated (see r28485) to use the latest version of PythonQt thinking the issue would be addressed … but it is not.