Volume Rendering TDR ERROR CODE 7 issue persists

Hello,

I have a large mCT volume which I have halved and converted to an .nrrd volume (1.32 GB) which is succesfully imported into 3DSlicer. However, when I attempt to use the volume rendering window and shift the contrast using 8-bit or 16-bit mCT bone modality, it immediately crashes with NVIDIA/graphics TDR Error Code 7.

I am working on a dedicated 3D imaging desktop with 128GB ram and the latest CPU/GPU specs. However, the TDR timeout issue has continued after many resolution attempts:
NVIDIA driver update, desktop restart, with tests Geekbench and Cinebench CPU and GPU is running as they should be.

Any advice is appreciated!
Thank you,
Tom

What is your specific GPU model? Can you provide a screenshot of your Volumes module with volume information expanded? I want to see exact dimensions of your dataset and data type.

Quick things to check:

  1. Make sure your rendering method if GPURaycasting (not MultiVolume)
  2. Also make sure quality is Normal not adaptive.

System specs:

Volumes module:

Volume rendering was always set to Normal quality and VTK GPU Ray Casting mode.
Thank you for the help Murat!
Tom

This specs are oonly for the computer (CPU + RAM etc), and they are good. But it doesn’t list the GPU. Go to your task manager and switch to gpu and capture the model and specs from there.

Your volume would require a GPU with at least 24GB of texture memory to work.