Video compression in Slicer core

You can use Slicer’s Python 2.7 interpreter if there is no system Python or if it’s too old.
Why do you need Python for building?

Because the Linux/Mac system built VP9 in OpenIGTlink, which depends on YASM, and YASM is superbuilt too. To build YASM, a python interpreter is used.

Hi Andras, hi Jean @jcfr, @lassoan

Just a short question, i am currently using slicer-build python interpreter to build YASM, however, i try the python interpreter at following folders:

Path/To/Slicer-build/python-build/bin/python
Path/To/Slicer-build/python-install/bin/python
Path/To/Slicer-build/python-install/bin/SlicerPython

the build of YASM was successful. however, when i use the yasm to build VP9, the following error occurred:
yasm: FATAL: could not load standard modules

Do you possible know the solution to this problem?

Best,
Longquan

Probably you have to add the folder where yasmstd library is located to Python paths.

Hi All,

I just checked the Slicer nightly build of OpenIGTLinkIF module.
It failed on building vp9 codec. the reason is the compiler “Clang 3.1.0” is too old, do you guys have any suggestion?

Best,
Longquan

I know that the compiler will be updated on Windows from VS2013 to VS2015 for nightly builds within a couple of days. I’m not sure if compiler update is planned for MacOSX as well (we used an old build toolset for compatibility with old systems).

@jcfr

See Transition of nightly build to Qt5, VTK9, CMake 3.9 and C++11

Great!
I made the vp9 binaries under vs 2015 for 32 bit and 64 bit already. So in the next days we could have the new OpenIGTLink in the nightly build slicer for windows system.
Also the clang version in MacOSX is sufficient for VP9 built. I am looking forward to see the build result!

Best,
Longquan

1 Like