2019.08.06 Hangout

Hi,

Today, we will be having our weekly hangout at 10:00 AM EST until 11 AM.

Anyone is welcome to join to ask questions at https://bit.ly/slicer-googlemeet-hosted-by-kitware

Thanks
Sam

1 Like

Minutes

Recapping events from last week

• Steve Pieper went to SIGGRAPH
    -Lots of open source stuff
  • Sam Horvath and JC taught the advanced slicer training course at Kitware

Slicer Updates

• Steve has been investigating ITK update effects on the extensions
  • We are going to look at grabbing the cdash results for the extensions through REST for additional processing to help with tracking extension build issues

Here is a notebook I created a while back that is using REST API to collect data from CDash. See https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/jcfr/jupyter-notebooks/blob/master/01_Collect_Slicer_Dashboard_Stats.ipynb

3 Likes

This is great, thanks!

I am thinking about creating a page that displays something similar to the table in the notebook, auto-generated each day after the builds are (hopefully) finished. I will probably do something quick/lazy with github pages to get it up and running.

displays something similar to the table in the notebook, auto-generated each day after the builds are (hopefully) finished
I will probably do something quick/lazy with github pages to get it up and running.

Makes sense.

Some history: When we used to automatically update the wiki after the build are completed, we were running this script on each factory, and then we were consolidating all gathered information later that day. This was not very robust.

A simple approach could be to setup a recurrent travis cronjob, that would generate the tables for the current day and previous day every hours. I can point you to an example of such job that is already publishing github pages (this is what we do for the apidocs)

re: CDash API

Here is some other relevant discussion: How can I subscribe to monitor individual extensions on Slicer dashboard? - #5 by fedorov