How can I subscribe to monitor individual extensions on Slicer dashboard?

So, as I was thinking about this, conceptually at least, this looks like a very manageable problem to solve (“this” == automatic notification about failing extensions based on the dashboard status).

A while ago, when I ran into this, I wrote this script to parse the dashboard HTML. I would not be surprised if this is broken by now, but I am also confident this can be done for the current incarnation of the the dashboard.

If we forget about the peculiarities of CDash/current system, isn’t it as simple as having a cron job running that kind of script and sending emails? Am I missing something?

What if we have the following setup:

1. upon successful completion of all builds on the dashboard, some webhook is called to initiate a CI build (I think this webhook is the only piece missing).
  2. CI script downloads the dashboard HTML page, parses it, and figures out the status of all extensions.
  3. For projects hosted on GitHub we can automatically get the list of contributors, and send them automatic notifications if dashboard problems with their extension are identified.
  4. To keep things simple, we could hard-code the list of extensions for which we would send notifications to not bother with the subscribe/unsubscribe functionality.
1 Like