Tomorrow, we will be having our weekly hangout at 10:00 AM EST until 11 AM EST.
Anyone is welcome to join to ask questions at https://bit.ly/slicer-googlemeet-hosted-by-kitware
- Slicer 5 progress check-in
Feel free to post to this thread to request/suggest a topic!
Review of Slicer landing page mock up.
From Kitware design team:
Here is the Figma link to the slicer design.
A few things to note:
- I just picked the logo that it seemed like had the best chance of being chosen. The logo and colors may change depending on which logo gets picked.
- The “Powerful processing. Streamlined interface. Extensible Platform.” section, I plan to do a gif approach that I mentioned in the comment
- When you scroll, my plan is for the logo to shrink and slide up into the header bar, which will be fixed to the top of the screen as you scroll.
- I plan to have a lot of the pages we’re keeping organized a bit better into dropdown menus.
I still have work to do on showing you what an interior page will look like, as well as the download page, but I wanted to send the link to show the progress I have so far. Let me know what you think and if you think it coincides with what you have in your document.
“Powerful processing. Streamlined interface. Extensible Platform.” section:
I’m working on the mockup for this currently and I wanted to ask if it wasn’t too much trouble to get some assets from you. They wouldn’t be needed until the build phase, but what I’m looking for is some visuals for the section of the homepage that says “Powerful processing. Streamlined interface. Extensible Platform.”
What I’m thinking is that these headings could have gifs attached to them. “Powerful processing” would show a certain process quickly updating the visualization, “Streamlined interface” would show a user exploring the menus/panels to complete a task, “Extensible platform” may be able to show a gif scrolling through a list of plugins or other items used to extend the software.
I would encourage replacing
medical image computing with
biomedical image computing and if you will be using a flipping slide deck type of interface for images, maybe one non-clinical/human example data would be good too.
For whatever it’s worth: I am fully supportive. Can you please provide an image or two?
Here is one attempt for types of things we work on, and contributed by community