2024.07.16 Weekly Meeting

Tomorrow, we will be having our next weekly hangout at 10:00 AM ET until 11:00 AM ET

Anyone is welcome to join at this link: https://bit.ly/slicer-googlemeet-hosted-by-kitware

Agenda:

Please post to this thread to put a topic on the agenda! We will try to prioritize agenda items during the meeting.

Thanks
Sam and J-Christophe

Meeting notes

@jcfr I think this change is actually more confusing. When I think of something as being “Tier 1” I think of it as being the best (top tier). Could we instead call the lowest quality extensions “Compliance Level 1 Star” and the highest quality extensions “Compliance Level 5 Star”? A higher number in this usage seems clear that it has been reviewed/scored higher. It also aligns with the terminology used by ITK for its remote modules:

This change was inspired from “tier” (or “level”) also used in the context of IT support in which “tier 5” (or “level 5”) is the best.

How about simply renaming the tier metadata to level ?

In the extension manager UI, we would also have “Show All ” instead of “Tier 3 and above”.

“Level 5” to convey “best” seems good. The ITK convention seems to interchange whether the term is Level number or star number.