3D Slicer 4.10.2 missing editor

Hi all,
I am new to 3D Slicer and I want to use it for checking out my own application developed with vtk/itk/rtk/simpleitk/etc. I would like to do 3D reconstruction with different methods, FBP, MLME, etc, 3D segmentation/registration with painting my images, etc.
I was watching a tutorial presented by Dr. Sonja and appears that there is a missing functionality or module called editing, although I tried to find that module in extentsion but failed and I wonder why is it missing and whether there is a newer tutorial tube that I use. I am reading the documentation but I am a developer and not sure how much I need this tool but I like the tool itself and I want to get better at it for my own application developments.

Appreciate it in advance.

sag

@pieper has answered the question here, in short: “the old Editor is retired to the Legacy submenu now. Use the :mag_right: icon to search for it. But once you learn the Segment Editor we think you will really like it more.”

This page is a good starting point for learning more about segmentation in 3D Slicer: https://slicer.readthedocs.io/en/latest/user_guide/image_segmentation.html

Hi Andras,
I took your advice and installed 3dSlicer and now I can use jupyter notebook to write python to launch 3d slicer 4.10.2 version and I like it. thanks for the help and I am trying to use python and ML/AI to write some image processing CNN to perform segmentation, hopefully do some other algorithm, so so far very slow but my development environment is coming along fine simplitk with python/.net c#/java/c++/etc is working, I can probably do some nice web based applications, and do exciting things.

I am reading and setingup a lot of things and time to code…

regards,
sag

1 Like

Sounds great! I would recommend to use Slicer-4.11 as it contains lots of fixes and new features compared to Slicer-4.10.