3D Slicer and lungcaner

Hello everyone,

i am new to 3d Slicer and am very excited after i am digging deeper into it.

And i have a question if there is already an extension for the following purpose:

I have often the problem, when i get new CT dvds from a radiologist that the images are hard to read for someone who is not a doctor. Especially when the findings are done from different doctors with different focus. Therefore the comparison of the NSCLC of a close person are pretty hard.

But as i am good with computers my idea was:
Is there a way (one or more extension to 3d Slicer) that can do the following

Analyse the CT data from Thorax and make proposal / highlights for nsclc cancer spots like round focus in the lung or metastasis at the carina etc. as i have a big struggle to identify those spots and therefore have a problem with seeding etc there. i want to create a way to automatize this so that over time i can compare the volumetric differences in different CTs ( Add DICOM DATA, check the data for cancer suspicious spots, create segments, show segments with info like volume etc)

i found the lung ct extention for e.g. and i saw that there is a way to integrate ai tools for the image classification etc. but i am at the very beginning of my research.

if there is already such a set of tool it would be great, if not i want to see if the way to a solution for this problem is possible.

thanks

chris

Totalsemgentator has a task that allows you to segment the blood vessel and cancer in the liver. However, the “cancer” segmentation often needs refinement, it could be a place to start.
The issue is that you would need a lot of segmented data to train your model.