3D Slicer Error

Good afternoon,

As i’m trying to view some of the sample data from the bone reconstruction planar extension, I come across a reoccurring error. it states the following: TypeError: method requires a VTK object. I have tried reinstalling the software and that seemed to not be of any help.

Another thing, I have installed SegmentEditor; however, It won’t allow me to use it. It never loads. I have attached images of what i see on my end please let me know how to proceed as soon as possible. Thank you.

-Hala Madi

Please refrain posting logs as screen captures. First, they are grainy and hard to read, also do not contain the whole information. Just copy paste the contents of the log file as a text into the Discourse. If you use preformatted Text icon </> to display them properly.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “C:/Users/yyun/AppData/Local/slicer.org/Slicer 5.6.2/bin/…/lib/Slicer-5.6/qt-scripted-modules/SampleData.py”, line 371, in

b.connect(“clicked()”, lambda s=source: logic.downloadFromSource(s))

File “C:/Users/yyun/AppData/Local/slicer.org/Slicer 5.6.2/bin/…/lib/Slicer-5.6/qt-scripted-modules/SampleData.py”, line 708, in downloadFromSource

loadedNode = self.loadNode(filePath, nodeName, loadFileType, source.loadFileProperties.copy())

File “C:/Users/yyun/AppData/Local/slicer.org/Slicer 5.6.2/bin/…/lib/Slicer-5.6/qt-scripted-modules/SampleData.py”, line 925, in loadNode

success = slicer.app.coreIOManager().loadNodes(fileType, fileProperties, loadedNodes)

TypeError: method requires a VTK object

Ive provide the copy paste of the text error above.

The attached images and the log is about trying to download a sample data if I understand correctly. I just tried SampleData in 5.6.2 and it works for me. You will need to tell us in detail what you want to do and exactly what steps you are taking.

I don’t see any error or other information about this part. Please elaborate on this one too.

A general comment of mine is that these are two different problems, and the title of the post is super generic, so you can’t expect anybody to think “hey what they say in this title is something I have seen, I’ll click and help”. Next time please post one topic for each issue and try to come up with a meaningful name.